Central West Women’s
Court Advocacy Service
The Central West Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (CWWDVCAS) is funded by Legal Aid NSW to provide to assist women at Court when applying for Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVOs). The CWWDVCAS was established in 2009 as part of the programs major expansion into 108 courts throughout NSW. The CWWDVCAS is available to all women residing within the Orange, Cabonne, Parkes, Cowra and Forbes Shires.
Services Offered – CWWDVCAS
- Assistance for women and children at Court when the Police applied for an Apprehended Violence Order (ADVO) to protect them.
- Liaison with victims and the Domestic Violence Liaison Officer (DVLO) to ensure ADVOs are appropriate and match the victim’s needs.
- Assistance for victims of domestic violence to report incidents to Police
- Assistance for victims of domestic violence to apply for ADVOs through the local Court.
- Hearing preparation and support
When and where to find us at Court
The CWWDVCAS covers the Orange, Cabonne, Parkes, Forbes and Cowra Courts. We attend court on AVO list days at each of the above-mentioned courts to assist women in AVO applications.
AVO list days are as follows;
- Orange Local Court: 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month 9am – 12pm
- Cowra Local Court: 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month 9am – 4pm
- Parkes Local Court: 1st & 3rd Monday of each month 9am – 12pm
- Forbes Local Court: 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month 9am – 12pm
CWWDVCAS staff are available for to provide information about the Court process, to liaise with Police and the Courts on your behalf, to provide Court preparation sessions, to assist at hearings and on other mention dates by appointment.