Rent Information

Renting with Housing Plus

Paying Your Rent


Centrepay – Centrepay is a voluntary bill paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. You can use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions to be paid from Centrelink directly to Housing Plus to cover your rent. The quickest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online. You can also contact Centrelink via phone or attend an office. See here for your options.

BPAY lets you pay your accounts by telephone or by internet banking. To use BPAY, you need to register for Internet or phone banking with your financial institution. You can find your biller code and reference number on your rent statement. If you are unsure, contact your Housing Officer.
Direct Debit
To set up a recurring direct debit transaction from your bank, you will need the Housing Plus BSB and account details. These are on your lease document.
  • Please note, when setting up your payment and filling out the ‘Reference’ field, you will need to quote your Allocation Number, which can be found on your rent statement.
  • If you don’t know your Allocation number, please contact us on 1800 603 300 and we can check for you.
  • If you need help setting up a transaction, please speak to your bank or financial institution.

Commonwealth Rent Assistance

Commonwealth Rent Assistance (CRA) is a non-taxable income supplement paid through Centrelink to individuals and families who rent in the private rental market (e.g. Social Housing). It aims to address basic living costs by reducing the proportion of household income that is spent on housing.

The subsidised rent is based on a percentage of assessable household income plus 100% of the household’s entitlement to CRA. This is subject to the qualification that the subsidised rent must not exceed market rent.

More information on CRA eligibility rules, including minimum rent amounts and maximum amounts of CRA payable for various income types, can be obtained from the Centrelink website.

You will be provided with a copy of the NSW Community Housing Rent Policy which sets out the required information for how your rent is calculated and your obligations as a social tenant with Housing Plus.

Further to the NSW Community Housing Rent Policy we provide the following additional information:

Housing Plus rent properties directly through Real Estate Agents and private landlords. Market rents for these properties are calculated by the Real Estate Agents and private landlords and adopted by Housing Plus.

Rent Reviews

Centrelink Authorities

Housing Plus will require a Centrelink Multiple Consent and Authority at the commencement of your tenancy, and at any point where your Centrepay deduction is cancelled with Services Australia.

You may provide consent to the following:

Allows Housing Plus to notify Services Australia of any rent change where you are in receipt of the Commonwealth Rent Assistance.

Allows Housing Plus to deduct an agreed amount directly from your government payment until such time as your consent is withdrawn or your payment is terminated.
Allows Housing Plus to obtain your Income Statement from Services Australia to confirm your household composition and payment details.

When your Account Goes Into Arrears

Please refer to the Housing Plus Arrears Fact Sheet.

On this page