Select Page


How do I apply for housing?

You can apply for all types of social housing using an Application for Housing Assistance form.

This application form can be lodged with any social housing provider in NSW, either in person or by mail. This includes all Housing Plus and Housing NSW local offices. You can find details of how and where you can lodge your application at

Eligibility for social housing

To be eligible, you must meet all of the following requirements:

  • Be a citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
  • Be a resident of NSW
  • Be able to sustain a successful tenancy with or without support
  • If applicable- make repayments of any former debts to a social housing provider
  • Not own any assets or property which could reasonably be expected to resolve your housing need.
  • Have a household income within the income eligibility limit

In general, eligible applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Exceptions may apply. If you are under 18 or represent someone under 18 you should contact Housing Plus to discuss eligibility.

More information about applying for social housing in NSW can be found at